With official first day of fall –– and now less than two months away from the release of Frozen 2 –– Disney dropped a new trailer for the highly anticipated sequel.
Check it out!
Wow! …Is everyone here? Are you back? From the lap you just ran around whatever building you’re in because of how hype that trailer made you?
There’s, uh, kind of a lot to talk about here. Of note is the slip that Elsa’s powers allow her to enter an enchanted land that was long thought impenetrable.
We have a lot of questions about some of the new faces and settings the trailer included. Thankfully, Disney broke it down further by providing character synopses of some of the personalities we’ll meet when the film debuts on November 22, some completely new and others –– namely Anna and Elsa’s parents –– characters who we may have met in Frozen, but will be more fully built out in Frozen 2.
- KING AGNARR – The son of King Runeard, King Agnarr is married to Queen Iduna, and is Anna and Elsa’s father. King Agnarr loves his family, and would do anything to ensure his daughters’ wellbeing and safety. Alfred Molina lends his voice to King Agnarr.
- YELANA – The unspoken leader of the nomadic Northuldra. She is fiercely protective of her family and community but is known to soften when people show an understanding of nature and their environment. Martha Plimpton was called on to bring Yelana to life.
- HONEYMAREN – A member of the Northuldra, Honeymaren is a true free spirit and wants nothing more than to bring peace to the enchanted forest. She is bold and brave, with a reverence for the magic of nature. Rachel Matthews provides the voice of Honeymaren.
- RYDER – Eager and fun, Honeymaren’s brother Ryder embraces life with optimism. Ryder’s love of reindeer might just rival Kristoff’s – but unlike Kristoff, Ryder has never roamed the great plains outside of the Enchanted Forest. He longs to embrace the world and venture beyond the magical mist. Jason Ritter lends his voice to Ryder.
- BRUNI – Curious and cute, this salamander inhabits the Enchanted Forest. Though shy at first, Bruni can’t help but be drawn to Elsa’s icy magic and enjoys the cool snowflake treats she creates.
I don’t know about you, but I already stan Bruni.
At the time of the previous trailer’s release, Disney said the water-horse-creature-thing we see Elsa riding (EPICALLY) is named Nokk, “a mythical water spirit that takes the form of a horse — who uses the power of the ocean to guard the secrets of the forest.”
To hype you for all things Frozen 2, make sure to join us here at Rotoscopers for Frozember, a tradition we first began in 2013 during which we’ll share a new Frozen-themed post every day during the month of November.