Disney has officially announced that it’s singing, swinging 1967 animated classic will be hitting Blu-ray for the first time ever this February in the US as part of its prestigious Diamond Edition collection. Although it’s already been released in various parts of the world like the UK and Germany, the film will finally be arriving in the US in an all-new restored and remastered version on February 11, 2014.
The movie will be available in three versions: the premium Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Copy edition, a Blu-ray+DVD version and on standalone DVD. We have the covers and list of bonus features below:
Here’s the list of awesome bonus features on the new set:
THE BARE NECESSITIES:
- Introductions by Diane Disney Miller and Richard M. Sherman
- Alternate Ending: Mowgli and the Hunter
- @DisneyAnimation: Sparking Creativity
- Music, Memories & Mowgli: A Conversation with Richard M. Sherman, Diane Disney Miller and Floyd Norman
- Disney Intermission- Bear-E-Oke hosted by Baloo
- Bear-E-Oke Singalong
- I Wanna Be Like You- Hangin’ Out At Disney’s Animal Kingdom
The Jungle Book is one of Walt Disney’s most beloved films, well known for it’s fun characters and groovy music. The movie will only be available for a limited time, and will return to the Disney Vault after a certain time.
Are you excited to add The Jungle Book to your collection of Disney jewels? Pre-order below using our Amazon affiliate links: