Let me just start this post by saying, thank you, Disney, for finally releasing the full length Frozen trailer. I was beginning to think you forgot about marketing the movie.
That said, the trailer is amazing and everything I wanted. And then some. Although it’s clear Disney is going the Tangled route with the marketing of this movie, that’s still not a bad thing because Tangled turned out to be phenomenal.
Being the Frozen superfans we’ve become, we at Rotoscopers.com have watched the new trailer upwards of 50 times. It’s pretty much all we watch all day.
So for this week’s Frozen Friday treat, here’s the Top 10 things that made the newest trailer for Frozen so amazing:
10. A better look at Arendelle. Isn’t the kingdom just breathtaking? A beautiful sea, a magnificent castle, a sprawling bridge, even a charming town square. Be it sun or snow, we just want to live there.
9. The Anna-Hans chemistry. Two words: Awk-ward!
8. Disney being all witty. Just when we thought Disney couldn’t get smarter with their on-screen trailer text (“They’re taking adventure to new lengths!”, “He’s got one chance to play the hero”) They come up with this awesome “The ice guy?/ The nice guy?/ The snow man?/ Or no man?” tagline. What next? “6 Times The Action?”
7. Oaken. Gotta love his accent. “A real howler in July, ya?”
6. The Disney trailer narrator guy. Where were you all this time man? “Summer in the city of Arendelle; It couldn’t be warmer. It couldn’t be sunnier! But that’s about to change. Forever.” We missed you, Disney trailer narrator guy.
5. WOLVES?! This movie has wolves?! Like, for real? Just take my money.
4. The ICE. Just how incredible is Disney’s new animation software? That ice and snow looks incredibly photoreal. From the gentle sparkling of Olaf’s snow, to the glistening shards of magical ice, this movie is eye candy for any animation aficionado.
3. Elsa. Sure, we see her only for a grand total of four seconds, but they’re four seconds of awesome. Her ferocious ice blasting scene, and the part where she’s running and building a bridge of ice. Running and building a bridge of ice, people. As Morgan says, she’s not a Snow Queen. She’s an Ice GODDESS.
2. Olaf’s “Some people are worth melting for” quote. Just. Wow.
1. ANNA. This girl. Seriously. She’s hilarious. Personally I was expecting Anna to be another sugary, goody two-shoes like Rapunzel, but she turned out to be quite the firecracker. First she’s all “Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold…” Then she has these little awkward exchanges with Kristoff (“Ooh, that’s rough business to be in right now. I mean that is really…that’s unfortunate.”) and Hans (“You’re gorgeous. Wait, what?”), leaving us in splits. Ditto when she flung that snowball at Marshmallow. Then she beats off the wolves with Kristoff’s mandolin and we can’t even breathe.