Disney villains descend upon Storybrooke and Frozen goes primetime as ABC Studios releases Once Upon a Time Season 4 to Blu-ray on August 18.
This set includes all 23 episodes from this fairytale drama’s fourth season, including the specials “Smash the Mirror” and “Operation Mongoose.” As in years past, this season is divided into two halves. The first practically acts as a Frozen television show, with Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and other Arendelle characters spotlighting their own story arc. It takes place after the events of Frozen, while also shedding light on some origins from before the film. This includes Elizabeth Mitchell as the Snow Queen, who shares a mysterious connection with Elsa. The second half of the season focuses more on the primary OUAT cast against a trio of new Disney baddies: Maleficent, Cruella, and Ursula.
Here are the bonus features included on the Blu-ray, straight from Disney:
- Defrosting Frozen – An arctic blast hit Storybrooke this year as the characters from Frozen and The Snow Queen took over the first half of the season. Defrost this 12 episode event, as we talk to the actors who played Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Snow Queen. For the first time in forever, explore how Disney Animation’s blockbuster film was adapted for the small screen.
- Note: John Lasseter reportedly visited the set last summer to check up on the Frozen story arc. Hopefully this extra will include some footage of him. It would be great to hear his thoughts on the show.
- Behind the Magic Tour – Join hosts Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin as they take you on an exclusive backstage tour on the stages of “Once Upon A Time.” See the sets, meet the crew, and eat the food as you go behind the scenes and find out what makes “Once Upon a Time” the most magical show on television.
- Three Who Stayed – Meet three residents who decided to stay in Storybrooke after the ice wall came down.
- Note: Do you have any guesses as to what this means? Didn’t everyone stay?
- The Fairest Bloopers of Them All
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentaries
Once Upon a Time Season 4 will be available August 18 on Blu-ray. Also arriving to Blu-ray the same day is Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection featuring Frozen Fever (which makes this day a real treat for Frozen fans). In the meantime, all previous Once Upon a Time seasons are available on Netflix. Additionally, you can always catch up and comment with fellow fans for every single episode of Season 4 in the Rotoscopers’ Storybrooke Sound-Off, starting with the Season 4 premiere, “A Tale of Two Sisters.”
Are you excited for the Once Upon a Time Season 4 Blu-ray? Let us know in the comments!
Edited by: Hannah Wilkes