When you wish upon a podcast, you get the Rotoscopers reviewing Walt Disney’s 2nd animated masterpiece, the 1940 classic Pinocchio. Join along for this Pinocchio podcast in episode 193 of the Animation Addicts Podcast.
Highlights from the Pinocchio Podcast
- Nerdy Couch Discussion:
- Main Discussion: Pinocchio (1940)
- Talking about the production history.
- Diving into the original 1883 book The Adventures of Pinocchio. What did they change from the original story?
- Jiminy Cricket is the perfect lovable Disney sidekick.
- Geppetto is a cute, relatable character. But what out! tobacco warning!
- Talk about the score by Paul Smith and the Pinocchio Legacy Collection.
- Stromboli is an excellent example of squash and stretch.
- We meet Honest John and Gideon again.
- Aw, Pleasure Island. The place of all vices: beer, smoking…and pool!
- Monstro is one of the main things Mason wants to see in the the live-action remake.
- Love love love the water effects during this scene.
- Voicemails: Mark, Sarah, Mark
We hope you enjoyed this Pinocchio podcast review! Thank you so much for listening and for your support. Be sure to share the podcast with your friends, leave a 5-star review, and use the hashtag #AnimationAddicts and tag @rotoscopers when talking about this episode on social media!
Find The Rotoscopers
Find The Hosts
This post contains affiliate links. We receive a small commission when you click and purchase through these links, which helps keep the site and podcast running. Thank you!