Disney announced today a new way to experience your favorite Frozen moments at the Disneyland Resort. For a limited time starting Janurary 7, 2015, Elsa’s wintry magic will freeze over Disney California Adventure park with several new offerings for visitors of all ages.
These are some of the new additions coming for ‘Frozen Fun‘ with descriptions from Disney:
- “For the First Time in Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” – The Muppet*Vision 3D theater in Hollywood Land has been transformed for this event into the beautiful Crown Jewel Theatre from Arendelle. You’re invited to step inside and join the Arendelle Historians – along with special appearances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff – for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”
- “Olaf’s Snow Fest” – Stage 17 in Hollywood Land plays host to an immersive winter wonderland straight out of the Kingdom of Arendelle, complete with a giant snow play area and musical performances by The Frolicking Fjords and The Tubadors. You can glide down a snow slide, build a snowman of your own and visit everyone’s favorite snowy pal, Olaf, and give him a warm hug. “Olaf’s Snow Fest” has so much to offer, from beautiful photo opportunities to scrumptious treats and special “Frozen” souvenirs. It’ll be a great spot for making memories that’ll warm your heart.
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post – Head back outside, and nearby you’ll find Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, where you can pick up the latest “Frozen”-inspired apparel, plush, toys, mugs, and more.
- “Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome” – Anna and Elsa, the beloved sisters from “Frozen,” move from Fantasyland to an elegant new location inside the Disney Animation attraction at Disney California Adventure park, where you can meet them as part of a special royal greeting. The colorful and varied display in the Animation Courtyard will also now include scenes and music from Disney’s Academy Award-winning blockbuster hit, “Frozen,” and at Animation Academy, a Disney artist asks, “Do You Want to Draw a Snowman?”. It’s a unique opportunity to learn how to draw your very own sketch of Olaf or Marshmallow.
- “Freeze the Night! A Family Dance Party” – Each evening, you’re invited to “chill out” in Hollywood Land with music, dancing, interactive fun and more in this new, family-friendly experience. You’ll arrive at the party through an icy archway to find wintry décor, dazzling lighting effects, cool photo spots, yummy treats, and frosty beverages for all ages. Throughout the night, a giant thermometer registers the drop in temperature, as things get so cool they ultimately reach the freezing point when everyone lets it go in a spectacular “Frozen Fun” crescendo!
Visitors to the resort will get a chance to see a sneak peek of these offerings, with ‘Frozen Fun’ beginning officially on January 7, 2015. Along with all of these, a new Frozen show will debut at the Fantasy Faire at Disneyland. Anna and Elsa will also make their royal return to ‘Mickey’s Soundsational Parade’ in January.
Later this month, winter will come to Storybook Land as scenes from Frozen are added to the ‘Storybook Land Canal Boats’ attraction at Disneyland. Guests will be able to see Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, Arendelle’s stately castle, and Elsa’s majestic ice palace among other classic Disney settings.
Do all of these new ‘Frozen’ additions have you shivering to visit Disneyland Resort?