Disneyland’s classic Alice in Wonderland attraction reopened last month after a three month refurbishment. The refurbishment removed the ugly scaffolding and tarps from the outside of the attraction, installed new digital projections, and repainted all sets and characters.
The ride looks better than it ever has before. Many of the scenes throughout the attraction had new animation added to provide depth and to immerse you into the story.
In the video below, pay attention to these new effects and animation:
- When falling down the rabbit hole
- Alice running after the white rabbit
- The flowers singing “Golden Afternoon”
- Cheshire Cat asking “Who are you?”
- Throughout the card scenes with the Red Queen.
- In the final Red Queen, the background moves making the room seem much larger
- Final Mad Tea Party Room with the new dancing teacups and improved final tea party
Check out the full before and after comparison of the Alice in Wonderland attraction, to see all of the effects and the history of the refurbishment.
Here is the full video of the attraction:
How does this newly refurbished Alice in Wonderland attraction look to you? Do you want Disney to add these type of video screens to every ride in Fantasyland? Does it enhance the ride?
Gavin Doyle is a San Francisco native, but has been visiting Disneyland since he was four. His hobby is visiting Disneyland and the other great theme parks of the world and interviewing the people who help to create the happiest places on earth on the Disney Dose podcast. Follow his blog and podcast at DisneyDose.com.