The Rotoscopers review Studio Ghibli’s epic film Princess Mononoke with special guest host, Rotowriter Mayra Amaya.
- Main Discussion: Princess Mononoke
- First thoughts and recollections about this movie; reactions to the violence!
- Interesting insights from Miyazaki about the the film from his biographies.
- Disney drama with the release and censoring the film.
- The most impactful moment in the film: San with the blood.
- Miyazaki is a master of composition; the forest-spirit scene.
- This is the second longest animated film ever and it feels like it.
- Major themes in the film: curses, humans vs. nature, hatred.
- The ending is a bit rushed and hard to swallow.
- We rate it!
- Voicemails: Jemma, Dylan, Frank, Eric, Hank Hill, Yuri
- Mail bag: Jemma, Susanne, Chris.
Runtime: 1:38:54, 51.7MB
- Watch Princess Mononoke: Blu-ray | DVD
- Buy soundtrack: Amazon
- The Art of Princess Mononoke: Amazon
- Miyazaki’s biography: Starting Point (1979-1996) and Turning Point (1997-2008)
- All of Mayra’s articles
- The Making of Princess Mononoke
- Sullivan Bluth Studio Video
Where To Find The Rotoscopers
- Questions, comments, suggestions? Send us an email at email@example.com.
- Send us a voicemail at rotoscopers.com/voicemail or call (406) 646-6575.
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Hypable & Animated Views.
- Visit our sponsors: Audible, Amazon.