It’s the big 5-0 for the Rotoscopers and to celebrate, they’re reviewing the animated film that started it all, Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
■ Reminiscing over the past 50 episodes: no band break ups, fights or scandals!
■ Submit your voicemails, emails and voicemails for the 2013 best-of show.
■ Vote for the Animation Addicts Podcast in the Podcast Awards!
■ Nerdy Couch
Discussion Lecture: The History of Snow White, based on the two art/history books by J .B. Kaufman Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and The Fairest One of All.
■ Main Discussion: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
■ Animation using live-action reference, first time with realistic convincing humans; character animation; backgrounds; camera work;
■ Introduction of the storybook opening, minimal characters, simplified story, exquisite taste in throwns, kickstarter to get Chelsea a thrown,
■ Prequel possibilities: slave in the mirror’s backstory.
■ Enter the prince and his horse, Astor (from the Enchanted Stables books), Prince Buckethead, prince’s disappearance.
■ Death by dancing, scary forest, lots of songs.
■ Dwarf mine cart ride in New Fantasyland.
■ Rejected dwarf names: Deafy, Dizzy, Cranky.
■ Queen’s dungeon, transformation and recipe for sleeping death.
■ Chelsea’s lesson on yodeling.
■ Conundrum: Queen’s transformation permanent?
■ Creepy Prince kiss, golden casket.
■ Snow White’s legacy and popularity today
■ Mailbag & bloopers!
Runtime: 1:40:30; 50.1 MB
- Watch Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Blu-ray | DVD | Digital
- Buy Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs soundtrack: CD | MP3 | iTunes
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs quotes | DisneyQuotes.com
- Art/history books: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: The Art and Creation of Walt Disney’s Classic Animated Film & The Fairest One of All: The Making of Walt Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- Jemma Clark’s Disneython post.
Where To Find The Rotoscopers
- Questions, comments, suggestions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send us a voicemail at rotoscopers.com/voicemail or call (406) 646-6575.
- Find us on the web: rotoscopers.com, twitter, facebook, YouTube, tumblr, instagram, hypable & Animated Views.
- Visit our sponsors: Audible, Amazon.