It’s Patron Pick time! Our hosts pick apart a few of the shorts by Don Hertzfeldt, most notably, his 62-minute feature-length film It’s Such a Beautiful Day. in episode 119 of the Animation Addicts Podcast!
Highlights from the It’s Such a Beautiful Day Podcast
- Nerdy Couch Discussion: Animation at the 2016 Academy Awards
- More Shorts by Don Hertzfeldt and why we really look up to him as an artist.
- Main Discussion: It’s Such a Beautiful Day by Don Hertzfeldt
- “Bill felt USED.”
- Don’t let the simple animation fool you.
- “An existential artsy way of expressing the mystery of death.”
- Chelsea got the wrong assignment.
- Voicemail: Jon North
- MASON PSA
- Thanks goes to our patron, Alex D., for picking this film to review!
We hope you enjoyed this It’s Such a Beautiful Day podcast review! Thank you so much for listening and for your support! Be sure to share the podcast with your friends and don’t forget to use the hashtag #AnimationAddicts when talking about this episode on social media!
- Watch It’s Such a Beautiful Day: Netflix | Blu-ray | Digital | Rent | iTunes
- Don Hertzfeldt’s website
- Don Hertzfeldt’s AMA Part 3
- Don wrote, animated, and directed Simpsons couch gag in 2014
Find The Rotoscopers
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Hypable & Animated Views
- Voicemail: rotoscopers.com/voicemail or call (406) 646-6575.
- Email newsletter
- Shop on Amazon:
Find The Hosts
- Mason Smith: Twitter, Portfolio
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram,
- Chelsea Robson: Twitter, Website
This post contains affiliate links. We receive a small commission when you click and purchase through these links, which helps keep the site and podcast running. Thank you!