In this episode, Wreck-it Ralph’s Animation Supervisor—Renato Dos Anjos—talks about his life and work at Disney Animation Studios.
- About Renato: originally from São Paulo, Brazil and wanted to be in comic books
- Started with Disney—it’s all about who you know
- How did he get involved in the Wreck-It Ralph project?
- Relationship with the director, Rich Moore
- How Disney fills positions within the company
- Working with Art Director, Mike Gabriel
- Did Episode 10 really go through the whole animation department? YES! …but did they like it?
- Test screenings: The rush before and after
- Technical achievements: how they educated the crew, glided between worlds and all the CGI challenges
- Always go the extra mile because these movies change you
- Award for largest cast: new friends and iconic Characters
- Disney’s plan for staying on top: Goal #1 – Support the creative spirit. Be open, help the community, and get rid of egos.
- Favorite scenes/work in Wreck-It Ralph? Rich Moore, animation teams, and every department “Bring their best game”
- Favorite character? Vanellope von Schweetz
- Animation had the biggest impact on this film than any other he’s worked on. Day in the life of a “animation supervisor” at Walt Disney Animation Studios. Toys, Posters, promotions… everything!
Keep your head down!
- Wrap party and the “supernatural” buzz about the film. It has only gotten better since the test screening!
- Renato has powers over the internet! He’s going to unplug us!
Runtime: 0:32:26, 15.7 MB
- Find us on the web: rotoscopers.com, twitter, facebook, tumblr & hypable
- Visit our sponsor: Audible.com
- Wreck-It Ralph Trailer
- Animated short—Paperman—to open before Wreck-It Ralph
- Episode 10: Our thoughts from the Wreck-It Ralph test screening