This is Halloween! The Rotoscopers’ gang discusses Disney’s cult classic Halloween-Christmas film, The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- The Thunder Tube!
- News: New Disney and Pixar release dates (Phineas & Ferb, Ron & Jon 2D animated film, Untitled Pixar Film), viral website for Monsters University, The Swan Princess Christmas
- Remember to send in your submissions for the Best of 2012 Show!
- New game segment: Wizard’s Duel!
- Main Discussion: Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Misconceptions: Tim Burton did not direct this film; Henry Selick did!
- Touchstone release, do you consider it a Disney film?
- Hardcore Nightmare Before Christmas fans
- Design & animation: popup book aesthetic, spindly characters
- The beginning: starts with a rythme, not “scare-the-pants-off-of-you” scary, “This is Halloween”, fangirl witches, muppets cameo?
- Jack Skellington: iconic Burton character, naive, eccentric genius, James and the Giant Peach cameo
- Danny Elfman: the film’s composer and singing voice of Jack
- Does the love story between Sally and Jack work?
- Other characters: Sally; the Mayor; Santa; Lock, Shock & Barrel
- Who is Vincent van Ghoul? Vincent Price tangent
- The songs: subpar, quick and complex, “What’s This?”, “Oogie Boogie’s Song”, “Sally’s Song”, “Kidnap the Sandy Claws”, Nightmare Revisited CD
- What would be your favorite holiday town?
- Scenes of note: the swirly hill, relationship between Sally and the mad scientist
- Lesson and morals of the film? Morgan’s specialization/globalization rant
- Sequel talk and Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland
- Who is the real villain? Jack or Oogie Boogie?
- Don’t forget to check out our movie/Blu-Ray/art book reviews! Also enter our Snow White art book contest!
Runtime: 1:25:29, 41.1 MB
- Find us on the web: rotoscopers.com, twitter, facebook, tumblr & hypable
- Visit our sponsor: Audible.com
- Questions, comments, suggestions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Produced by: Morgan Stradling