The Rotoscopers kick off their spooky animated film month (aka October) by tackling LAIKA’s Coraline.
- News: 13th International Computer Graphics Conference in Turin, Italy; Help us Plan our #Bestof2012 show!
- New segment: “Catch and Fire” with Mason, “Rotoscopers make you choose!”
- Audible.com: Audio book synopsis
- Main discussion: Coraline
- Studio Spotlight: Laika vs. Laika House
- “From the makers of Nightmare Before Christmas…” = False advertising?
- Not going to be fun and happy the whole time
- Michigan water witch; what’s with the well?; Chelsea has dowse doubts
- Characters: Dakota Fanning is “one of the gems or our generation”
- Be careful what you name your children
- Why Wybie? Should we like him? Morgan’s “Real-life Wybie”
- The real parents vs. the “Other Parents” (aka the animated version Stepford Wives)
- How Laika does amazing stop motion. “Captivating”
- First impressions: genuinely creepy; parents beware!; not for kids
- Major difference between the real life and the ‘other life’ is the gravy train
- The Pink Palace: Coraline’s new house and odd neighbors
- Chelsea’s rant: She’s all out of “nice”
- Video games? Why?!…and what’s up with the cat?
- Similarities to Alice in Wonderland and Spirited Away
- ParaNorman’s blatant theme vs. Coraline’s deep thinker
- Meaning of the button eyes?
- Mason’s theory: Is it really a happy ending?
- Fun quotes & listener responses
- We rate it! 3 & 4 stars
- Bloopers: No tangents guys, yoyos & groovin’
Runtime: 1:13:00, 35.0 MB