The gang is back together for a full episode. This episode features a long discussion about the 1997 animated classic Anastasia. And where did the Nerdy Couch Discussion go, you may ask? Don’t worry, this episode is a bit unconventional and the NCD is nestled in the middle of the main discussion.
- News: Maggie Simpsons 3D short, Pixar Disney California Cruise, A Cat in Paris released
- Main Discussion: Don Bluth and Gary Goldman’s Anastasia
- Gary Goldman: the forgotten part of the Bluth duo
- Is Anastasia the pinnacle of Don and Gary’s career?
- “My Fair Lady” plot?
- Making-of featurettes hosted by…Aaliyah?
- Mini Nerdy Couch Discussion: R&B songs over the credits in the 90s
- Gangster Anastasia & greasy Dimitri
- Why do so many people think Anastasia is a Disney movie?
- Dimitri: face doesn’t match the actor, best looking animated mantagonist?, “I don’t know what to tell you”
- Anastasia: a witty romcom leading lady; grand duchess, not princess; first to elope,
- Where would Anastasia rank among the Disney princesses?
- Would there be an uprising by Disney or Bluth fans is Disney bought the rights to Anastasia?
- Rasputin: should we fear or pity him as the villain?, eternal leprosy
- Mason’s 3 reasons why Rasputin is a pathetic villain
- Bartok and Rasputin’s unhealthy relationship
- Conspiracy time and villain metaphysics: no time in limbo aka the TIME VORTEX!
- Why do kings always keep the creepy advisors around?
- Pooka: the REAL villain of the movie, throwaway character
- Sophie: voice actress thought her character’s design was too big
- Vladimir: member of the royal court, quotes
- Need to know Russian history to understand the film?
- Songs: Disney playlist worthy, “people sing when they are too emotional to talk anymore”, is “Once Upon a December” or “Journey to the Past” the more memorable song
- Lots o’ CGI: problems with objects, beautiful layouts, innovative, the pegasus
- Live action reference or full on rotoscoping?
- Clarification: we don’t think rotoscoping is the greatest thing ever
- Best scenes: travel montage, glowing mystical sparkles, very Haunted Mansion-esque ghostly people
- Unanswered questions: Russia and Anastasia’s memory, Dimitri and the music box, Mason’s enchanted palace theory
- Morgan and Chelsea debate Anastasia’s changing hair length
- Listener trivia question: How do you feel about Rasputin as a villain?
- Let’s rate it!
- “Art of Brave” contest new deadline: June 30. Enter now!
- Bloopers: cool ringtone, Chelsea can’t speak today, Princess Tanya
Runtime: 1:28:14, 41.4 MB
Where to Find Us:
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitt
er, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Hypable & Animated Views.
- Mason Smith: This Animated Life Blog, Twitter
- Chelsea Robson: Facebook, Twitter
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram
- Visit our sponsors: Netflix, Audible, Am
- Send us a voicemail at rotoscopers.com/