Hallelujah! It’s raining….meatballs? We review Sony Picture Animation’s 2009 animated film Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Get your umbrellas ready and join along for this Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs podcast in episode 107 of the Animation Addicts Podcast.
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Podcast
- Main Discussion: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009)
- General info and box office results.
- Flint is a great protagonist. Animation style is so unique to Sony.
- Even Sony uses one of the most common animation tropes: the dead parent.
- Sam and her conflict of having to dumb her self down to be accepted.
- Wins the award for “Least Annoying Monkey Character in a Film.”
- Great cast of characters: Baby Brent, Mayor, and Earl.
- Tim Lockwood: misunderstood
- The animation marvels that were achieved in this film. The jello!
- The ice cream snow. Much more appetizing than mashed potatoes.
- The ending drags a bit.
- Was there ever any doubt that Flint and Sam would get together?
- Voicemail: Ryan, Mark
- Listener question: What is your favorite quote? Twitter | Facebook
We hope you enjoyed this Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs podcast review! Thank you so much for listening and for your support. Be sure to share the podcast with your friends, leave a 5-star review, and use the hashtag #AnimationAddicts and tag @rotoscopers when talking about this episode on social media!
- Watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: Blu-ray | DVD | Digital | Rent | iTunes
- Buy Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs soundtrack: CD | Digital | iTunes
- Buy the original book: Amazon
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs trailer
Find The Rotoscopers
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram
- Voicemail: rotoscopers.com/voicemail or call (406) 646-6575.
- Email newsletter
- Shop on Amazon:
Find The Hosts
- Mason Smith: Twitter, Portfolio
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram
- Chelsea Robson: Twitter, Facebook
This post contains affiliate links. We receive a small commission when you click and purchase through these links, which helps keep the site and podcast running. Thank you!