This episode of the Animation Addicts Podcast, we review Wes Anderson’s first foray into animation Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009). Join along for the stop-motion fun for this Fantastic Mr. Fox podcast in episode 103 of the Animation Addicts Podcast.
Fantastic Mr. Fox Podcast
- Main Discussion: Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
- Critically acclaimed; however, the box-office results are another story.
- Wes Anderson’s first animated film. Why did he choose this specific Roald Dahl book?
- Authentic production design and a “primitive” stop-motion animation style adds charm.
- Characters: who did we like most?
- Why the “cuss”? – Do you think it’ll catch on?
- The wolf – what does it represent?
- Listener Twitter question
- Voicemails: Melissa, MJ, Ryan, and Sarah
We hope you enjoyed this Fantastic Mr. Fox podcast review! Thank you so much for listening and for your support. Be sure to share the podcast with your friends, leave a 5-star review, and use the hashtag #AnimationAddicts and tag @rotoscopers when talking about this episode on social media!
- Watch Fantastic Mr. Fox: Blu-ray | Criterion Collection Blu-ray | DVD | Digital | Rent | iTunes
- Buy Fantastic Mr. Fox soundtrack: CD | Digital | iTunes
- Wes Anderson ComingSoon.net Interview
- Wes Anderson TIME Interview
- Fantastic Mr. Fox review
Find The Rotoscopers
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram
- Voicemail: rotoscopers.com/voicemail or call (406) 646-6575.
- Email newsletter
- Shop on Amazon:
Find The Hosts
- Mason Smith: Twitter, Portfolio
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat: morganstradling
- Chelsea Robson: Twitter, Facebook, Website
This post contains affiliate links. We receive a small commission when you click and purchase through these links, which helps keep the site and podcast running. Thank you!