Morgan and Chelsea talk to LAIKA animator, David Vandervoort. In this interview, they discuss his career as a “self-made animator”, his experience at LAIKA, ParaNorman and all things animation.
- Interview: David Vandervoort
- Rapid Fire Q&A
- His path as a “self-made animator”
- What are his ultimate career goals
- How does one make the jump into stop-motion animation?
- What’s the difference in approaching animated CGI, 2D and stop-motion?
- His work on ParaNorman: 2D faces and story
- David’s favorite scenes from the movie
- How did they accomplish the ghosts?
- ParaNorman contest to win ParaNorman gear
- Mail bag: Luis Escobar, late-night animation marathons, Anastasia/Tangled similarities, Frankie Franco III
Runtime: 0:40:08, 19.4 MB
Where to Find Us:
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitt
er, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Hypable & Animated Views.
- Mason Smith: This Animated Life Blog, Twitter
- Chelsea Robson: Facebook, Twitter
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram
- Visit our sponsors: Netflix, Audible, Am
- Send us a voicemail at rotoscopers.com/