In episode 2, the Rotoscopers discuss the news, the importance of story and Brad Bird’s animated masterpiece The Iron Giant.
- Why the Wreck-It Ralph creator is pumped
- The Lorax is going green
- Chelsea explains her love for trees…again
- Rango wins the OVCAFMPT
- Is Disney’s Paperman project a game changer?
- Animation Element of the Week: what Mason learned from Fergal Reilley and Doug Sweetland about Story
- Discussion: Brad Bird’s The Iron Giant
- Warner Brother’s marketing blunder
- Bird’s passion for animation and story
- Chelsea teaches Mason about beatniks
- Favorite Scenes: Coffeezilla, The Prayer & The Deer
- The Giant’s CGI animation
- 1950s references and inspiration
- Hogarth’s father figures
- Why so many single-parent stories in animation?
- Favorite quotes: The brain, “Hog Hug!”, “luckiest kid in America”, “blah blah blah”
- We’re bringing the term “wig out” back
- How many stars do we give it?
- Shout out to our 100 listeners!
- …And of course: Bloopers
Runtime: 1:11:46, 32.9 MB
Where to Find Us:
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Hypable & Animated Views.
- Mason Smith: This Animated Life Blog, Twitter
- Chelsea Robson: Facebook, Twitter
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram
- Visit our sponsors: Netflix, Audible, Amazon
- Send us a voicemail at rotoscopers.com/voicemails