Higitus Figitus! Morgan and Chelsea take on the Xerox era with this 1963 Disney classic. It’s The Sword in the Stone Podcast!
Highlights fromThe Sword in the Stone Podcast!
- Thank you to our patron, Chloe Boyd, for nominating this episode!
- Catch ‘n’ Fire with with our special guest and patron, Alex Pilgrim!
- Nerdy Couch Discussion: Music in animation through the ages and to come
- Main discussion: The Sword in the Stone (1963)
- This came from the novel, The Once and Future King
- Disney storybook openings in the canon: Can you name them all?
- ….And we’re singing!
- Music and lyrics by the Sherman Brothers with George Bruns with the score
- “Say what you want, I like it.” -Chelsea, on the Xerox era
- Arthur was voiced by three different boys
- Merlin was the predecessor to the Genie.
- Merlin, what is the point?
- How do they have so many dishes?
- “What what?! What what what?!” Archimedes: Owl, or transformed human?
- What is Merlin’s past relationship with Madam Mim?
- Voicemail: Bethany, Jared, Alex, & Andres
- Bloopers: It’s a Wizard’s Duel! Flynn Rider a.k.a. Eugene from Tangled vs. Dimitri from Anastasia
- Don’t forget to use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and #AnimationAddicts156 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 01:28:57, 65.8 MB
YouTube Blu-Ray Review:
- Watch The Sword in the Stone: Blu-ray | DVD | Digital | Rent| iTunes
- BuyThe Sword in the Stone soundtrack: CD | Digital
- The Sword in the Stone Quotes | DisneyQuotes.com
Support the Show!
- Shop on Amazon:
Find The Rotoscopers
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr & Instagram.
- Voicemail: rotoscopers.com/voicemails or call (406) 646-6575.
- Email newsletter