(This is NOT an official logo. A real one is coming soon!)
If it wasn’t obvious from the header, this is me stepping out from behind the wizard’s curtain to give you an update on what to expect from the What You Should Know series in 2017!
I should preface this update by saying that this year, the structure of the articles will look a little different. Specifically, I’m really putting in a concerted effort to shake up the formula and give readers a more dynamic reading experience. With that being said, let’s run down the list of changes being made to WYSK:
1. The opening sentence is being rewritten entirely, partially with respect to the fact that I now have a different module for how the article will be published.
2. Instead of releasing on the day before or the day of the film’s release, the articles will now have a targeted window for publication. Basically, the articles may come out as early as 4-5 days before release or 3-4 days after release. If, for any reason, I’m unable to get out an article within that timeframe, I do have a back-up in mind.
3. Expect more guest appearances by other RotoWriters. If there are any RotoReaders who would like to pitch in, I can arrange that (see me in the comment section!).
4. Trailers will now be attached at the beginning of each article. These will usually be the final trailers released for each respective film.
5. Here’s a big one: there will now be discussion articles accompanying every WYSK article (they will be referred to as ‘WYSK discussion’ articles). In the same vein of last year’s successful discussion pieces for Sausage Party and Kubo, these articles will allow you, the reader, a chance to voice your own thoughts on the movie. These articles will come in ‘non-spoiler’ and ‘spoiler’ versions and will be published the week after their respective WYSK article and about five days apart from each other.
6. The back-up I mentioned? In the event that I’m unable to get a WYSK article out there, the discussion articles will be published instead.
In a nutshell, these are the changes that will be made for future WYSK articles. The reasons for these are twofold: updating the current model in order for articles to be more fun for me to write and for you to read!
The changes go into effect starting with this month’s WYSK article on DreamWorks’ Boss Baby. Soon, I will be posting (spoiler) discussion articles for the films I didn’t get to cover for WYSK: Illumination Entertainment’s Sing and Warner Animation Group’s The LEGO Batman Movie.
Sound off below: What would you like to see in future WYSK articles?
Edited by: Hannah Wilkes