The Rotoscopers go across the pond to review a cult classic and the highly requested 1978 British film Watership Down. Join along for bunny fun and politics in this Watership Down podcast in episode 92 of the Animation Addicts Podcast.
Highlights from the Watership Down Podcast
- Main Discussion: Watership Down (1978)
- First thoughts on hearing about the film and ultimately seeing it.
- Mason breaks down the bonus features on the Watership Down Criterion Collection Blu-ray.
- Based on a popular and famous book of the same name.
- One of the highlights of this film is the sense of realism.
- Overview of bunny religion.
- Beautiful watercolor backgrounds juxtaposed with bad animation.
- This film can be broken down by the three different societies they encounter.
- Oops…we forgot the females.
- Chelsea breaks down the soundtrack.
- The last 10 minutes are insanely bloody and violent.
- CGI reboot news!
- We rate it!
- Voicemails: Jemma, Sarah, Chris
We hope you enjoyed this Watership Down podcast review! Thank you so much for listening and for your support. Be sure to share the podcast with your friends, leave a 5-star review, and use the hashtag #AnimationAddicts and tag @rotoscopers when talking about this episode on social media!
Find The Rotoscopers
- Send us a voicemail at rotoscopers.com/voicemail or call (406) 646-6575.
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram
- Subscribe to our email newsletter for exclusive updates, news and info from the Rotoscopers.
- Shop on Amazon:
- Other sponsors: Audible
- Rotoscopers Store
Find The Hosts
- Mason Smith: Twitter, Portfolio
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram
- Chelsea Robson: Twitter, Facebook
This post contains affiliate links. We receive a small commission when you click and purchase through these links, which helps keep the site and podcast running. Thank you!