- Main Discussion: The Land Before Time (1988)
- We just right into the the commercials and merchandise of this film. Pizza Hut birthday commercial and Pizza Hut puppets, anyone?
- The Land Before Time beat out Oliver & Company!
- This movie is the epitome of childhood epitome.
- Originally started as “Bambi with dinosaurs.” Why do the animated mother’s always have to die?
- Props to Don Bluth for his stunning hand-drawn effects like bubbles, tar, egg shell fragments, lava, rain, and, of course, the classic Don Bluth sparkle.
- 9 minutes of cut footage, mostly of sharptooth attacks scenes.
- Mason Conspiracy Theory: Littlefoot is a jinx.
- Many themes in this film: segregation, dealing with loneliness,
- Listener Twitter Question: How important was The Land Before Time to your childhood?
- We rate it!
- Mail bag: Joshua, Tony, Abbi, Lauren, Adam, Robert, Dan, Brooks, Andrew.
- Don’t forget to use the hashtags #AnimAddicts and #DonBluthDazzle when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 1:27:59 84.5 MB
- Watch The Land Before Time: DVD | VHS | Digital | iTunes
- Buy The Land Before Time soundtrack: Amazon | Digital | iTunes
- Pizza Hut commercial from the VHS
- VHS ending
- Article: Why are all cartoon mother’s dead?
- New McDonald’s Happy Meal mascot
Where To Find The Rotoscopers
- Questions, comments, suggestions? Send us an email at email@example.com.
- Send us a voicemail at rotoscopers.com/voicemail or call (406) 646-6575.
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Hypable & Animated Views.
- Visit our sponsors: Audible, Amazon.
Where To Find The Hosts
- Mason Smith: This Animated Life Blog; Twitter
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram
- Chelsea Robson: Twitter, Facebook