In 2020, Disney+ released the mini series detailing the behind the scenes of Frozen 2. There we also learn of the story behind the song, “The Next Right Thing” as it was dedicated to the late son of co-director Chris Buck and his wife Shelley. In episode 197 of the Animation Addicts Podcast, Chelsea talks with Shelley about that time in her life as well as the lessons that she learned from her late son.
Interview with Shelley Buck & Kathy Curtis Podcast
- Intro to Shelley Buck & Kathy Curtis
- Memories that intertwined with the making of Frozen
- How the parents cared for their son while in treatments
- How Ryder changed because of his illness
- How you can use storytelling to overcome difficult times
- The trials to create and distribute a book
- Major take-aways
- Frozen 2 – The Next Right Thing
We hope you enjoyed this Interview podcast! Thank you so much for listening and for your support. Be sure to share the podcast with your friends, leave a 5-star review, and use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and tag @rotoscopers when talking about this episode on social media!
Find the Rotoscopers
- Find us online: Rotoscopers.com, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, & Tumblr.
- Leave us a voicemail: rotoscopers.com/voicemails or call (406) 646-6575.
- Email newsletter
Find The Hosts
This post contains affiliate links. We receive a small commission when you click and purchase through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you!