The Rotoscopers have gone on strike! Last minute they decided to review the Walt Disney classic, Bambi, instead of Ice Age 5. Was it a good decision? You be the judge! We hope you enjoy this journey to the forest in this Bambi podcast in episode 128 of the Animation Addicts Podcast!
- Nerdy couch discussion: Why we decided to record Bambi today.
- Main discussion: Bambi (1942) – Patron pick by Greg Wilde.
- The movie is based on Bambi, A Life in the Woods (1923) by Austrian author Felix Salten.
- Naturalism – not set in a fantasy world.
- Tyrus Wong did a lot of the background paintings. At age 105, he is still going strong!
- “April Showers” arguably the most complex piece of animation in the film.
- We gotta talk about Bambi’s mama (spoiler: she dies!)
- Conservationist / environmentalist message and backlash.
- Were the hunters there illegally? (Do we even care?) A “shot-by-shot” analysis by Mason
- We rate it!
- Mini discussion on Ice Age 5
- Voicemail: Rachel and Jeremiah
We hope you enjoyed this Bambi podcast review! Thank you so much for listening and for your support. Be sure to share the podcast with your friends, leave a 5-star review, and use the hashtag #AnimationAddicts and tag @rotoscopers when talking about this episode on social media!
Find the Rotoscopers
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram
- Voicemail: rotoscopers.com/voicemail or call (406) 646-6575.
- Email newsletter
- Shop on Amazon:
Find the Hosts
This post contains affiliate links. We receive a small commission when you click and purchase through these links, which helps keep the site and podcast running. Thank you!