The man, the myth, the DISNEY LEGEND: HOWARD (2020). Watch the Documentary and then join along for this love letter to HOWARD podcast in episode 228 of the Animation Addicts Podcast.
Listen to this episode on: Apple | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | iHeart
- Main discussion: HOWARD (2020)
- Basic info about Howard Ashman
- Howard Elliott Ashman (May 17, 1950 – March 14, 1991)
- As a Child – Very creative
- Creating his own theater – the WPA
- Enter Alan Menken
- “Writing in a style” -Little Shop of Horrors Dark side of “Grease” lol – A parody American comedy
- “Have you ever been to the Grammys?”
- AIDS Epidemic
- He lived during the height to the Aids epidemic. When there was more focus on trying to find a cure, rather than a treatment. As a result, many people died because there was treatment available. Now there is and, while there are still many more people living with aids than in the 80s/90s, the percentage of those who die are much less.
- Jodi Bensen in `Smile’ – “I’ve got to get to Disneyland!”
- Smile was not well received (crashed and burned)
- Howard goes to Disney
- Howard has HIV
- “Howard needs to be fired” Memo,
- We rate it!
We hope you enjoyed this HOWARD podcast review! Thank you so much for listening and for your support. Be sure to share the podcast with your friends, leave a 5-star review, and use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and tag @rotoscopers when talking about this episode on social media!
- Watch the film: Digital
Support the Show!
Find the Rotoscopers
- Find us online: Rotoscopers.com, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook
- Leave us a voicemail: rotoscopers.com/voicemails or call (406) 646-6575
- Email newsletter
Find the Hosts
- Morgan Stradling: YouTube, Instagram, Website – Want help building your online brand? She can help with that.
- Chelsea Robson: Website, & Instagram – Want to give someone a custom love song about your story? She can help you with that.
This post contains affiliate links. We receive a small commission when you click and purchase through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you!