It’s the time of the year when the Emmys kick off with the 69th Creative Arts Emmy Awards! Presented last Saturday at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, this side of the Emmys honours the best in behind-the-scenes achievements of television, including animated series.
Series creator Loren Bouchard took to the stage to accept the award on behalf of, “our incredible crew and incredible fans. They inspire us. I want these to be the people I work with the rest of my life. I hope I’m lucky enough that that happens…Their intelligence and heart and optimism–we try to put that on screen.” (via Deadline)It wasn’t just Bob and his family who won an award that night. Of the five Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation awards, the Samurai Jack revival scored four of them, while one was awarded to Wander Over Yonder for Justin Nichols’ character animation. Other wins include Adventure Time, Beyond Magic, 13th, Patrick Osborne’s Pearl, and Seth MacFarlane for his voice work in the Family Guy episode “The Boys in the Band”.
Below is the list of winners in the animation categories as reported by Animation World Network:
- Outstanding Animated Program
- Bob’s Burgers, “Bob, Actually” — FOX
- Outstanding Short Form Animated Program
- Adventure Time, “Islands Part 4: Imaginary Resources” — Cartoon Network
- Outstanding Character Voice-over Performance
- Seth MacFarlane as Peter Griffin, Stewie Griffin, Brian Griffin, Glenn Quagmire — Family Guy, “The Boys in the Band” — FOX
- Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation
- Bryan Andrews, Storyboard Artist — Samurai Jack, “XCIII” — Adult Swim
- Scott Willis, Production Designer — Samurai Jack, “XCIII” — Adult Swim
- Craig Kellman, Character Designer — Samurai Jack, “XCII” — Adult Swim
- Lou Romano, Background Designer — Samurai Jack, “XCV” — Adult Swim
- Justin Nichols, Character Animator — Wander Over Yonder, “The End of the Galaxy” — Disney XD
- Outstanding Motion Design (Juried Award)
- Beyond Magic — ABC
- 13th — Netflix
- Outstanding Innovation in Interactive Programming (Juried Award)
- Pearl — Google Spotlight Stories
In closing, we’d like to give big congratulations to all the animation winners of this year’s Creative Arts Emmy Awards!
Edited by: Hannah Wilkes