We head back to the Jurassic Period to review Pixar’s second feature to be released in 2015, The Good Dinosaur. Join along for this fun prehistoric journey in this The Good Dinosaur review in episode 109 of the Animation Addicts Podcast.
The Good Dinosaur Podcast
- Nerdy Couch Discussion: Why is Pixar held to a higher standard by critics and viewers?
- Main Discussion: The Good Dinosaur (2015)
- Mini discussion about our thoughts on the new short Sanjay’s Super Team.
- Better titles for The Good Dinosaur brought to you by Mason Smith!
- The film’s troubled production history. To understand the film, you need to understand this.
- Real talk: photo-realistic backgrounds. Did they work?
- Animation: wow, they nailed it!
- Characters: small cast, but lots of favorites!
- Best parts of the film in our opinion: T-Rexes, Arlo and Spot’s relationship.
- The story is good, but not necessarily totally original.
- The rotten fruit sequence. Some people think it makes it seem like doing drugs was fun. Agree or disagree?
- Would it have been better for Spot to be domesticated or to run free with his kind? Is there some sort of anti-domestication message going on here?
- Voicemails: Alissa, Gabbi, Rachel, Ryan, Sarah
We hope you enjoyed this The Good Dinosaur podcast review! Thank you so much for listening and for your support. Be sure to share the podcast with your friends, leave a 5-star review, and use the hashtag #AnimationAddicts and tag @rotoscopers when talking about this episode on social media!
- Watch the film : Blu-ray | Digital | Rent | iTunes
- Buy the soundtrack: CD | Digital | iTunes
- Submit your questions for the end of year show!
- The Good Dinosaur review
Find The Rotoscopers
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Hypable & Animated Views
- Voicemail: rotoscopers.com/voicemail or call (406) 646-6575.
- Email newsletter
- Shop on Amazon:
Find The Hosts
- Mason Smith: Twitter, Portfolio
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat: morganstradling
- Chelsea Robson: Twitter, Facebook
This post contains affiliate links. We receive a small commission when you click and purchase through these links, which helps keep the site and podcast running. Thank you!