The Rotoscopers review DreamWorks’ second CGI animated film–the amazing, hilarious, irreverent Shrek.
- Main Discussion: Shrek (2001)
- Morgan and Chelsea saw this movie in theatres together and bonded over the fairy tale and Disney parodies.
- Mason goes in depth about the lighting, rigging, animation and character designs.
- Animation technology really shows its age.
- So quotable!
- John Powell did the score. He’s like a Rotoscoper for music–Disney, DreamWorks, and everything in between.
- New DREAMWORKS theory: all DreamWorks films are biblical.
- Which Eddie Murphy character is better? Donkey or Mushu?
- This movie works because it points out the ridiculousness of fairy tales.
- Duloc is a ripoff of Disneyland. But it’s hilarious.
- Donkey is so dense, but it’s what makes him so endearing.
- The theme of layers really is critical to the whole film.
- The blatant transformation ripoff of the Beast‘s transformation. The toes!
- Voicemail: Angela and Dylan
- Don’t forget to use the hashtags #AnimAddicts and #AnimAddicts88 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 1:30:53, 45.2 MB
- Watch Shrek: Blu-ray | DVD | Digital | Rent | iTunes
- Buy Shrek soundtrack: CD | Digital | iTunes
- Buy the Rotoscopers Shirt!
- “You’re from two different worlds!” quote
Find The Rotoscopers
- Send us a voicemail at rotoscopers.com/voicemails or call (406) 646-6575.
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Hypable & Animated Views.
- Visit our sponsors: Audible, Amazon.
- Rotoscopers Store
Find The Hosts
- Mason Smith: Twitter, Portfolio
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram
- Chelsea Robson: Twitter, Facebook