For the next film in our ‘Mice & Rats’ series, we cover Don Bluth’s 1986 mouse film An American Tail.
- More stories from Chelsea!
- Main Discussion: An American Tail (1986)
- A little history of the film and how Fievel got his name.
- Who’s who in a Don Bluth production.
- Talk of the figurative and literal meaning of “cats”.
- How we feel of Fievel as a main character.
- Classic Don Bluth scariness in the ocean.
- Welcome to NYC! Fievel wandering and meeting a lot of different people.
- Lots of accents happening here (plus a speech impediment).
- The cats going to Hong Kong is depicting how cats really ended up in that city.
- When will we get the Rotoscopers band together?
- The Don Bluth dazzle is strong with this one.
- Mail bag: Joshua K, Sarah, Dan, Henrieke, Drew
- Don’t forget to use the hashtags #AnimAddicts and #AnimAddicts79 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 1:25:26, 20.6 MB
- Watch An American Tail: Blu-ray | DVD | Digital | Rent
- Buy An American Tail soundtrack: CD | Digital | iTunes
- Buy the Rotoscopers Shirt!
- Michael Bolton version of “Somewhere Out There”
- Dutch Disney comics
Where To Find The Rotoscopers
- Questions, comments, suggestions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send us a voicemail at rotoscopers.com/voicemail or call (406) 646-6575.
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Hypable & Animated Views.
- Visit our sponsors: Audible, Amazon.
- Rotoscopers Store
Where To Find The Hosts
- Mason Smith: Twitter, Portfolio
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram
- Chelsea Robson: Twitter, Facebook