Now that we’ve all settled into re-watching Sailor Moon and watching Sailor Moon Crystal on Hulu or Neon Alley, we can look forward to owning the beautiful Blu-ray box sets this November…sort of. After learning a about the release in May, here is what we now know about the box sets:
Sailor Moon Box Set
This box set of the original anime will be released on November 11th, but you can pre-order now on Amazon. This box set is the first installment of many and will include:
- Episodes 1-23
- Uncut and remastered
- One 88 page booklet
- Shimmery chipboard box
- Dual Language (with new English Dub cast)
The booklet will not only have an episode guide, but will also include character profiles and art. And most importantly the video extras will have behind the scenes video of the newest English dub recording sessions, an interactive art gallery, announcement panel and fan reactions as well as trailers.
Available now for pre-order on Amazon.
Sailor Moon Crystal Box Set
The first installment of the first season of Sailor Moon Crystal will be released on October 15th and will include:
- The first two episodes of Sailor Moon Crystal
- 28 page booklet
- Audio commentary with actors, directors, and musicians
While this doesn’t sound like a whole lot, that’s probably because these are features that will be on the Blu-ray and regular DVD; however, if you get the Limited Edition Blu-ray set you will also get:
- Charm bracelet
- Sailor Moon charm (1 out of 13)
- Color booklet
- Special illustrated digipak
- Music box which plays “Moon Pride”
This set will probably be the most coveted out of the two box sets, but it will also prove to be the most expensive. There will be 13 total sets to complete the first season of Crystal and each may retail up to $80 plus international shipping, which means you’d end up spending roughly $800 on the whole set once completed. Not to mention the thing that makes getting the Limited Edition worth it, the Music Box, is only available for shipping within Japan. Add to that the fact that the only links to order these sets are in Japanese and you have yourself one heck of a pickle.
If you are considering on purchasing one of the sets, I would definitely recommend the regular Blu-ray if the cumulative price is a concern as it will be region free, whereas the DVD will only be sold in a region 2 format.
For those of you willing to make the purchase via Japan Amazon (you can always hit the “Translate this page” button) here are the links:
- Vol. 1 DVD, Vol. 1 Blu-ray, Vol 1 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 2 DVD, Vol. 2 Blu-ray, Vol. 2 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 3 DVD, Vol. 3 Blu-ray, Vol. 3 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 4 DVD, Vol. 4 Blu-ray, Vol. 4 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 5 DVD, Vol. 5 Blu-ray, Vol. 5 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 6 DVD, Vol. 6 Blu-ray, Vol. 6 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 7 DVD, Vol. 7 Blu-ray, Vol. 7 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 8 DVD, Vol. 8 Blu-ray, Vol. 8 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 9 DVD, Vol. 9 Blu-ray, Vol. 9 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 10 DVD, Vol. 10 Blu-ray, Vol. 10 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 11 DVD, Vol. 11 Blu-ray, Vol. 11 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 12 DVD, Vol. 12 Blu-ray, Vol. 12 Special Edition Blu-ray
- Vol. 13 DVD, Vol. 13 Blu-ray, Vol. 13 Special Edition Blu-ray
Once, and IF there are new links available we will update this post. In the meantime:
Are you going to pre-order the first installments of ‘Sailor Moon‘ and ‘Sailor Moon Crystal‘? How do you like the added features? The Special Edition trinkets? Sound off below!
Sailor Moon box set info via AnimeNewsNetwork, Sailor Moon Crystal via MoonKitty.