- Breaking tradition and doing our first live-action film!
- Announcements: Podcast Awards results will be announced in January; 1st Annual Rotoscopers Awards. Voting starts December 1.
- Main Discussion: Mary Poppins
- A very LONG movie for kids…it never ends!
- Story of acquiring the rights and P.L. Traver’s negative reaction to the film.
- Is May Poppins a witch or fairy? Do Mary Poppins and Nanny McFee belong to the same nanny organization?
- Mary Poppins: Julie Andrews casting story, Oscar acceptance speech, very serious yet likable,
- Prequel possibilities: musical or no musical?, Mary and Bert’s backstory, will we see her on Once a Upon A Time?
- Bert: both narrator and characters, D*** Van Dyke, jack of all trades, his poor accent.
- Was there a romance between Mary and Bert?
- The Kids: little monsters, list of conditional love for their nanny.
- Mr. Banks: so extreme and over the top.
- Mrs. Banks: suffragette, absurd, never any scene where Mary Poppins and she speak.
- Originally had 37 songs written.
- Opening credits sequence, nannies blowing away, Admiral Boom is the worst neighbor ever.
- “Spoonful of Sugar”: how do the kids have magic?
- “Jolly Holiday”: penguins, farm animals, “there’ll be no bill”.
- “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”: real meaning of the word, does Julie Andrews mess up?, syllabic inversion.
- Uncle Albert and “I Love to Laugh”, Mary Poppins doesn’t even crack a smile.
- Mary Poppins Broadways. Not on tour anymore.
- Morgan’s Make-A-Wish wish is to play a Mary Poppins medley in orchestra.
- Mary Poppins is an assassin.
- Blake and Mary Poppins’ layers.
- Saving Mr. Banks: excited?, Oscar worthy?, Tom Hanks interpretation.
- Voicemails and emails.
- Mason meets Blake, caught and fired, gnawing at the bit.
Runtime: 1:32:43; 47.5 MB
- Watch Mary Poppins: 50th Anniversary Blu-ray | DVD | Digital | Rent | iTunes
- Watch Saving Mr. Banks: Blu-ray | DVD | Digital | iTunes
- Buy Mary Poppins soundtrack: CD | Digital | iTunes
- Mary Poppins quotes | DisneyQuotes.com
- Scary Mary Trailer
- Saving Mr. Banks Trailer
- Frozember and Princess Profiles articles
- Questions, comments, suggestions? Send us an email at email@example.com.
- Send us a voicemail at rotoscopers.com/voicemail or call (406) 646-6575.
- Find us on the web: rotoscopers.com, twitter, facebook, YouTube, tumblr, instagram, hypable & Animated Views.
- Visit our sponsors: Audible, Amazon.
- Mason Smith: This Animated Life Blog; Twitter
- Morgan Stradling: Twitter, Instagram
- Chelsea Robson: Twitter, Facebook
- Blake Taylor: Twitter, BlakeOnline